creamy macaroni and cheese (and Cabot love) from the Kennan Cookbook.
Creamy Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups fat free milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) light sour cream
- 8 ounces process cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; stir in the sour cream, process cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt, mustard and pepper until smooth and cheese is melted.
- Drain macaroni; toss with cheddar cheese. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Stir in cream sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350Â° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.