Crepes are easy to make and a great way to create a main dish or dessert great for any dieter and low on Weight Watchers points. You don’t need a special pan and probably have all the ingredients on hand.
Here’s my recipe for basic dessert crepes:
1 cup flour (any type)
1 cup skim milk
1 T sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix ingredients with whisk.
- Heat small skillet that has been sprayed with Olive Oil spray to medium heat (spray before the first few crepes…you probably won’t need to after that)
- Add scant 1/4 cup batter to pan and swirl until it covers bottom of pan.
- Cook until the top of crepe is no longer moist and starting to curl
- Lift edge of crepe with fork or spatula and place crepe on plate (cook only one side)
- Continue until batter is gone.
Fill crepe with pudding, whipped topping, fruit, ice cream, etc.
My favorite filling is a spoonful of fat free Strawberry yogurt spread down the middle, slices of strawberries, blueberries and banana, topped with a generous spoon of fat free whipped topping.
This filling adds less than 1 pt to the crepe. Without the yogurt the filling is zero pts!
- I use whole wheat flour, but you can use any type of flour you prefer. You could try 1/2 white and 1/2 wheat to add more fiber to your diet.
- Be sure to refrigerate your crepes right away and eat within a few days as they will spoil. They’re so easy to make, you can make 1/2 batch if you don’t think you’ll eat them up fast enough.
- For dinner crepes, omit the sugar and vanilla.
Enjoy fellow Weight Watchers!!